Living with Tinnitus: What to Know
Tinnitus is a common problem that is often associated with hearing loss. Commonly thought of as ringing in the ears, tinnitus leaves a lot of sufferers scratching their heads, wondering what to do. Check out the list below on what to know about living with tinnitus.
Living with Tinnitus
- Getting help with tinnitus is entirely possible. Talk to a hearing professional. You can even schedule a free hearing assessment at Beltone Skoric Hearing Centers!
- Everyone takes care of their tinnitus in their own way. Don’t form expectations based on others’ experiences.
- Don’t let yourself get too anxious. Tinnitus can be exasperated by stress.
- Apps and earphones can make falling asleep much easier for you.
- Tinnitus cannot be cured by herbs or supplements. Sound therapy and hearing aids are the two most effective ways of treating tinnitus.
- Tinnitus can be brought on by another medical condition, so be sure to get it checked out!
- Caffeine, lack of sleep, stress, and pain medication can all aggravate tinnitus.
- 1 in 6 people deal with tinnitus. You are not alone!
Living with tinnitus can be particularly hard but remembering the above can help you get the help you need!