How to Protect Your Hearing Aids in The Wintertime
Winter weather can threaten the functionality of your hearing aids. Things to watch out for during this time of year include moisture, freezing temperatures, and protecting your hearing aids from exposure. Conditions in the wintertime can cause damage to your hearing aids and have them performing at less than optimum levels.
Protect Your Hearing Aids: A Few Tips
- Carry extra batteries because cold weather drains your batteries faster.
- Keep moisture out by protecting your ears with earmuffs or something similar.
- Avoid noise exposure from winter appliances like snowblowers, snowmobiles, etc.
- Remove your hearing aids before any winter sports. This will protect your hearing aids from exposure.
- Get a hearing aid sweatband to protect your hearing aids from moisture.
- Wipe away any moisture from your hearing aids with a cotton swab.
Make sure to talk with your specialist about the best steps to protect your hearing aids this winter!